Sunday, January 30, 2011

Robot

My robot was based off the circle. I wanted to get a feel for an old rundown robot with a since of being approachable.

For the body I used a sphere with a hemisphere of 0.5 to half the object. Under the sphere, I used a cylinder for the other half of the body. Off to each side of the cylinder I added two boxes for the connection of the legs.

For the neck and head, I used five-sphere, two-cylinder, one-box, and one-spring. The neck is a cylinder that connects directly into the body. The top part of the neck is has one cylinder with a sphere on each side to represent a joint. The head is a box with two spheres as eyes. Each eye has been converted to an editable Poly and the center of the eye caved in. On top of the head, I add spring and a sphere to represent an antenna. The spring has a bend modifier on it to lean it forward to give it a droopy effect.

Each arm has three sphere, four cylinder and four boxes. Each sphere is in place to represent joints with two cylinders to represent the arm. The hand has four boxes and two cylinders as its joints.

Each leg has three spheres, three cylinders. Again the sphere represent joints and the cylinders the leg. I used a sphere with a hemisphere of 0.5 to represent foot.

For the most part of this, I had no problem getting what I wanted. The one area I did get frustrated with was the legs. Trying to keep all the parts together at off angles was a challenge. I would get several gaps from the spheres and cylinders. This was a very timely project. I feel that box modeling by editable poly would have keep things together and ran smoother, also would have kept the fame rate down.

Holland







1 comment:

  1. Wow! Outstanding work...you stuck to the plan with primitives, but built upon them...materials, lighting, glows. Good stuff! I am looking forward to your work this semester.

    ReplyDelete